Prev Next Index
Subject: Market Terminology for Dummies
From: Lin, Charlotte
- Momentum Investing - The fine art of buying high and selling low.
- Value Investing - The art of buying low and selling lower.
- Broker - Poorer than you were in 1999.
- P/E ratio - The percentage of investors wetting their pants as this market
- Standard & Poor - Your life in a nutshell.
- Stock Analyst - Idiot who just downgraded your stock.
- Bull Market - A random market movement causing an investor to mistake
himself for a financial genius.
- Bear Market - A 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance, the
wife gets no jewelry and the husband gets no sex.
- Stock split - When your ex-wife and her lawyer split all your assets equally
- Market Correction - The day after you buy stocks.
Go to top
Send comments/contributions: HumorMaster@lipkie.com